Wednesday 18 June 2008

Introduction

I was first introduced to Bento by my favourite anime Fruits Basket. Tohru Honda was like the ultimate perfection of female. Keeping house for a Dog a Cat and a rat would be the ultimate challenge, especially when the Cat and the rat hate each other and they have the testosterone of teenage boys. She takes the dogs house an turns it on it's head, making it clean tidy and habitable again. Also she feeds them home cooked meals regularly, always making sure each member of the jumbled family has something he likes to eat every meal.

She's only in high school.

Not only does she keep house she attends school without fail and studies all the time. As well as works a part time job cleaning offices in the evenings. It's amazing that she even has time to support an boost the self esteem and confidence of everyone around her. Thankfully everyone around her notices, even the cat in his foot in mouth style way.

Anyway, it is more of a girly anime an doesn't really have all the 'action' stuff but I love it, an it inadvertently introduced me to bento an now I am beginning a journey into bento an I will post up my journey here. As of yet I have no bento things just what I randomly find at home. I hope to create some great bento's taste wise an appearance wise. I wanna get good at this even if it isn't strictly Japanese food I am making.

0 comments:

 

Fruit Basket Bento © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner